DALLAS - A third person in Dallas County has tested presumptive positive for COVID-19 coronavirus, officials said Wednesday.
The person is in their 50s, lives in Irving and recently traveled out of Texas to a “large congregant, recreational event.”
This case is not linked to the two presumptive positive cases announced on Tuesday by Dallas County officials. The person is being treated in a Dallas-area hospital.
Dallas County Health and Human Services said the three cases don’t mean community spread is taking place within the county.
RELATED: Coronavirus coverage
“A successful response to COVID-19 requires broad community action. This doesn’t mean no trips or activities outside the home but it does mean we must all keep up with and follow CDC recommendations,” said Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins.
There are now three presumptive positive cases in Dallas County, one in Tarrant County and three confirmed cases in Collin County.
Coronavirus health tips
While COVID-19 is a new respiratory virus, daily precautions recommended to prevent respiratory illnesses are the same:
• Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer when you can't wash your hands.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throw the tissue away. If you don’t have a tissue, use the elbow of your sleeve. Don’t use your hands to cover coughs and sneezes.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick and keep children home when they are sick.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Get a flu shot. (Although the flu shot does not protect against COVID-19, it is flu season.)
- City of Dallas cancels Greenville Avenue St. Patrick’s Parade due to coronavirus worries
- TCU, Baylor extend Spring Break, move to online classes due to coronavirus fears
- Clergy member of Fort Worth church is ‘presumptive positive’ case for COVID-19 in Tarrant County
- Persons in Dallas, Tarrant counties test ‘presumptive positive’ for COVID-19 coronavirus
- Three confirmed cases of COVID-19 coronavirus in Collin County
- DFW Airport, Dallas Love Field step up cleaning efforts amid coronavirus concerns