Seared Snapper with Ginger Lemongrass Broth from Chef Tre Wilcox
- FOR THE BROTH
- 1 each yellow onion, chopped
- 8 each garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cups ginger root, chopped
- 1 cup lemongrass, chopped
- 3 each kaffir lime leaf
- 1 each whole jalpapeno , chopped
- 2 cups seasoned rice wine ving
- 2 cups mirin
- 2 cups white wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sambal
- FOR FISH
- 8 each 3oz snapper filets, skinned and bones removed
- grapeseed oil
- salt to taste
- FOR THE VEGGIES
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 bunch brocolini , chopped into 1 inch pieces, par blanched
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped thai basil
1. FOR THE BROTH Bring all ingredients(except to soy and sambal) to a
boil in a saucepot, then simmer for 45min to 1 hour. Don't reduce
Strain and reserve the liquid. Finish it with the soy and sambal..Hold
till time to serve.
2. FOR THE FISH Heat large sauce pan over high heat, add grapeseed oil
to cover bottom of pan.
When oil begins to smoke, sear fish till golden brown on both sides.
2 minutes on each side.
Serve 2 pieces of fish in bowl, pour 3oz of broth over fish.
3. FOR THE VEGGIES In a hot sautepan heat grapeseed oil till it
smokes. Add the broccolini and sauté it quickly for 45 seconds, then
add garlic and shallots. Continue to cook for another min.
Deglaze with a couple of tablespoons of water and finish with cilantro