Trackdown: Help find Tahbari Collins' killers

Image 1 of 3

7/3/19 UPDATE: Kelvon Eugene Gray has been arrested for the murder of Tahbari Collin.

He was taken into custody in Kansas City, Missouri, and is awaiting extradition back to Texas.


The Texas Rangers need help to track down two men they believe were involved in a murder in a tiny North Texas town almost a year ago.

Authorities have released video of the three suspects in Howe, Texas, that they say may be from the Dallas area. They are responsible for the murder of a 22-year-old Houston man. Police believe the suspects are from Dallas and crossed paths in Oklahoma.

Tahbari Collins, 22, was killed in a drive-by on U.S. Highway 75 in Howe. It was in the parking lot of a Valero in Tushka, Oklahoma, that he had words with the driver of a black Camry on August 24, 2017.

Police released images of the suspects inside the Valero. They believe they are from Dallas. One man was wearing a California Republic t-shirt and had slightly pigeon-toed tatts on both arms. The other man in a blue t-shirt that reads ‘Boss Made' and ‘Popular in Oak Cliff.' The pair followed the victim's car from Oklahoma to where the shooting took place in Howe.

"We believe they're from Dallas just because of some of the statements that were made during the interaction up in Tushka," said Howe Police Det. Sgt. Keith Milks.

Collins and his two friends were heading back to Houston and left the gas station in their Hyundai Veloster SUV. The suspects left a few minutes later in a black Toyota Camry around 5:27 p.m.

Twenty-seven miles south around 6 p.m., the victim went into a store in Durant, Oklahoma. The stop was quick, and they got back on the road heading south.

In Calera, Oklahoma, the driver appeared to know that they were being followed. Other drivers called 911.

Around 6:30 p.m., the shooting happens in Howe just an hour after their confrontation at the Valero. Collins was in his car when he was shot. One bullet went straight through his heart and lungs.

The black Camry was last seen flying through Van Alstyne three minutes after the shooting.

 "Someone's gonna help us put a name to those faces so we can identify these guys and find out what happened in Tushka that led to that 50 miles chase that ended with the shooting here in Howe," Milks said.

Anyone with information is urged to call (903) 532-9971.