TX WHISKEY MARINATED WAGYU BEEF TENDERLOIN
½ cup TX Whiskey
½ cup Brown Sugar, packed
6 TBSP Soy Sauce
½ cup Cilantro, stems removed, chiffonade
¼ cup Lemon Juice
½ TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1 cup Tap Water, cold
3 each Thyme Sprigs, leaves removed, some stems okay
1 pound Wagyu Beef Tenderloin, trimmed
1) In a large stainless steel mixing bowl, combine ingredients, whisk, and pour over tenderloin in a separate dish. Cover, and refrigerate for 6 hours to marinate.
MAKING THE DISH
5 oz. Beef Tenderloin, marinated (see recipe), sliced ½” thick
3 dashes Kosher Salt
6 turns Fresh Ground Pepper, from a peppermill
1 cup Cooked Grains (Quinoa, Kamut, Smelt, Millet, Sorghum) – any or all
¼ cup Kale, sliced thin, no stems
2 dashes Kosher Salt
4 turns Fresh Ground Pepper, from a peppermill
¼ cup Local Feta Cheese
¼ cup Local Blueberries
2 TBSP Local Pecans, chopped
1 tsp Fresh Thyme, chopped, no stems
1 tsp Fresh Rosemary, chopped, no stems
2 tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped, no stems
2 oz. Local Texas Citrus Vinaigrette (see recipe)
1) Remove beef from marinade, cut into 3 portions (above is for 1 portion). Take a 5 oz. portion and season on all sides and place on a hot grill. Grill to desired temperature.
2) Place the remaining ingredients in a stainless steel mixing bowl and toss.
3) Transfer to a serving bowl.
4) Remove steak from the grill, allow to rest for 2 minutes, slice, and place directly on top of the grain salad.
5) Serve and enjoy!
LOCAL TEXAS CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
¼ cup Texas Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
1 TBSP Lime Juice
½ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
½ cup Orange Juice
½ cup Light Agave Nectar
¼ cup Creole Mustard
1 TBSP Kosher Salt
1 TBSP Black Pepper
¼ cup Red Onion, ¼” dice
2 TBSP Chopped Garlic
½ cup Local Olive Oil
1 ½ cups Cottonseed oil
1. Combine first group of ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend on high for a minute.
3. With blender running, slowly add in the oil to emulsify.
4. Once all the oil has been added and the vinaigrette is emulsified, transfer to another container.
5. Refrigerate until needed.