To make 4 sandwiches:
1.5 lbs of flank steak, grilled and sliced
1 tomato, cut into slices
2 ounces of spring mix
1/4 lb of deli cheese, sliced
6 tsp of Chipotle Aioli (1.5 tsp/ sandwich)
4 Ciabatta buns, toasted
Layer the steak, tomato, spring mix, cheese and aioli onto the Ciabatta buns and enjoy!
Modmarket's Chipotle Aioli
Makes 1 quart
Garlic, peeled About 6 cloves
Egg Yolk, fresh 2 yolks
Apple Cider Vinegar 1/4 cup
Sea Salt 1/2 tsp
Ground Black Pepper 1/2 tsp
Olive Oil, or other light flavored oil 2 ½ cups
Cold Water 2 tablespoons
Chipotle Peppers 1 tablespoon - 1/2 cup depending on desired spice level
1. Add egg yolks, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper to blender or food processor. Blend on medium speed until smooth and combined.
2. Increase speed to high. Add 1/2 of the oil in a slow, steady stream until aioli starts to visibly thicken.
3. Turn off blender. Add cold water and chipotles.
4. Turn blender on again and increase speed to high. Add remainder of blended oil in a steady stream. Aioli will get very thick and creamy.
5. Use a spatula to transfer finished aioli to a jar or bottle with a tight lid. Aioli can be made ahead of time, and is good for about 1 week refrigerated.