Man shot and killed inside Dallas GameStop, 1 suspect still at large

Two suspects are facing capital murder charges after a shooting at a Dallas GameStop over the weekend, but at this point we still don't know what led to the shooting.

25-year-old Jacob Cohen was shot and killed inside the store just off I-30 and Buckner Boulevard just before 6:30 p.m. on Sunday.

Witnesses say they heard gunfire and saw young people running from the area around the Pleasant Grove shopping center.

"Right before I passed the GameStop store I heard six to seven gunshots, and it took me like a couple of seconds to realize that there was a shooting," said Murat Ensar Sirdas.

Sirdas works in shopping center and says he was walking to a nearby ATM when he heard the shots.

READ MORE: 4 hospitalized after being hit by car on Mockingbird Lane

"Then I saw like 5 to 6 people running away from the GameStop," he said. "I saw a guy. He was on the floor, and I assumed he was dead. He was not moving."

Dallas police have not said what led to the shooting or how many people were involved, but 18-year-old Jameson Mills and an unidentified juvenile suspect are facing capital murder charges.

A warrant has been issued for Mills, but he is still at large.

The juvenile was picked up by police Garland after he called them from a DART Station saying he had been shot while inside the GameStop.

He was transferred to a hospital in Dallas.

Dallas police say Cohen fired a gun as well, but it is unclear who shot first.

Jameson Mills mugshot from June 21, 2022 (Source: Dallas Police)

Mills had previously been arrested for unlawful carrying of a weapon in June 2022, in which he posted a $500 bond, according to the Dallas County Sheriff's Office. 

In December, MIlls' case was dismissed after he agreed to forfeit three firearms, according to court documents.

Judge Angela King and the Dallas County District Attorney's Office signed off on the decision.

"They were all young people," Sirdas said.

READ MORE: Musician hit by stray bullet in Deep Ellum making strides in his recovery

He told FOX 4 that someone appearing to know the victim tried to get inside the GameStop after the shooting, but it was locked.

"He said that’s my brother a couple times, but I believe the employees they were also really scared and nervous. They didn’t open the door," Sirdas said.

Police say Cohen, the victim, knew the 18-year-old and juvenile who face charges in his murder. 

Sirdas says he feels awful for the victim and his family. He's also concerned about who else could have been shot.

"There was a guy with his kids inside the store when the shooting happened," he said.