Luckys Wrappy Wrap
Zach Duckworthy from Luckys Café shows us how to celebrate National Fruits & Veggies Month.
Olive Oil, Extra Virgin 2 teaspoons
Zucchini, ¼" to ½" Dice 1 Ounce
Red Onion, ¼" Dice 1 Ounce
Carrots, ¼" Dice 1 Ounce
Broccoli, ¼’ Dice 1 Ounce
Black Pepper, Table Grind ¼ teaspoon
Kosher Salt ¼ teaspoon
Tomato Basil Flour Tortilla, 10" 1 Each
Mesclun Mix 2 Ounces
Black Beans, Whole, Cooked, Cold 2 Ounces
Pico de Gallo 1 Ounce
Balsamic Glaze 1 teaspoon
1. Ladle olive oil onto the 350°F griddle or skillet.
2. Place zucchini, red onions, carrots, and broccoli on top of the olive oil, then sprinkle vegetables with black pepper and Kosher salt. Stir to cook evenly and remove from the grill when the vegetables are al dente.
3. While the vegetables are cooking, place the tomato tortilla on the 350°F griddle and heat both sides until just hot. Do not allow the tortilla to get dry and hard.
4. Place the warm tortilla on a clean and sanitized cutting board, place the mesclun mix down the middle of the tortilla, spread vegetables, then black beans, evenly on top of the mesclun mix. Top the black beans with Pico de Gallo and Balsamic Glaze. Fold one side of the tortilla over the vegetables, then the other to form a tight wrap.
5. Cut the wrap in half at an angle, and place one half on the left side of the plate pointing to the bottom center. Lean the other half on top of the first.
6. Serve immediately.