CHICKEN WITH FARRO SALAD
(Makes 2 servings)-
1 raw chicken breast, diced
Scant ½ cup farro
¼ cup carrots, diced
¼ cup sweet potatoes, diced
¼ cup green beans, diced
1 cup water
1. In a saucepan, bring farro and ¾ cup water to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to low and cover saucepan. Cook for 20 minutes, or until farro is softened. Drain cooked farro.
3. While farro is cooking, add diced carrots, sweet potatoes and green beans to another saucepan filled halfway with water. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes, remove green beans, and then boil carrots and sweet potatoes for an additional 8
minutes. Drain cooked vegetables.
4. In a large saucepan, combine raw diced chicken breast, farro, carrots, sweet potatoes and green beans. Add ¼ cup of water to saucepan and cook on medium high heat for 4 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked. Drain mixture and transfer to a separate bowl.
5. Cool mixture until no hotter than room temperature and serve.
Chicken with Farro Salad can be stored in the refrigerator for 4 days or in the freezer for 6 months.