The most-read story of 2018 on Fox4News.com involved a tragic ending to a search for a child with autism.
Dalton Robertson, 6, went missing after he wandered away from his home. He was found dead one day later after he drowned in a nearby pond.
One topic generated two stories in the Top 10 – the fatal shooting death of Botham Jean in his own apartment by off-duty Dallas police officer Amber Guyger.
Three stories in the Top 10 had no local connection to North Texas – an unfounded possibility of potentially lifting marijuana restrictions, blood pressure medication recall and violence in the popular resort town of Cancun.
Fox4News.com most read stories of 2018
1. Missing Kaufman County autistic 6-year-old found dead in pond
2. Trump signals support for legislation lifting federal ban on marijuana
3. Dallas officer goes home to wrong apartment, kills man inside
4. Dallas mom shoots man who took her car with kids inside
5. 13-year-old Ft. Worth girl charged with murder after stabbing friend during sleepover
6. FDA issues recall for blood pressure medication due to cancer risk
7. Cancun horror as 8 bodies, including 2 dismembered in bags, found on streets
8. Lawyers ‘disgusted’ after warrant shows marijuana found in Botham Jean’s apartment
9. North Texas lawyer apologizes for falsely accusing DPS trooper of rape
10. UIL investigating targeted attack on Burleson football player