Making some proactive improvements can have an impact on the amount of damage to your home, lessening storm repair costs.
PROTECT YOUR ELECTRONICS WITH SURGE PROTECTION
PLACE AN EXTERNAL SUMP PUMP IN AREAS WHERE WATER COLLECTS
- can prevent water penetration and flooding in your home during heavy storms
USE CLEAR, PLASTIC WEATHER-SEAL TAPE
- can be used indoors or outdoors
- completely weatherproof
- can withstand extremes of both heat and cold
- ideal for installing plastic storm windows, sealing air leaks, repairing cracked glass
CREATE HOMEMADE STORM SHUTTERS WITH PLYWOOD
- premade plywood board pieces cut to your window size and labeled
ALWAYS HAVE AN EMERGENCY KIT READY TO GO
- flashlight and batteries, first-aid supplies, portable weather radio, cash, clothing, blankets, extra keys, gloves, a jug of water, and non-perishable food.