More people in northwest Dallas were evacuated because of a possible natural gas leak.
Atmos Energy crews found the leak Wednesday afternoon. About 30 homes were evacuated along Linda and Nogales drives. About 16 units in the Chapel Creek Phase 1 apartment complex were also evacuated.
Residents living on Webb Chapel Road said they were told by Atmos to evacuate around 6 p.m. but were not told for how long.
Martin Cordonado didn’t really smell gas but left his home anyway.
“Right now, no. I did get a scent here and there but I thought it was just in my head because I do know they’re working all around,” he said.
Dallas Fire-Rescue crews assisted with the evacuations. Affected residents were sent to an Atmos resource center and Elegante Hotel.
Anyone who smells natural gas in the area is urged to immediately leave the area and call 911 or the Atmos emergency line at 1-866-322-8667.