The names have been released of some of the applicants gunning for the Dallas County District Attorney position after Susan Hawk resigned.
The complete list of applicants as of September 13 who want to hold the most powerful position in Dallas County was released through a FOX 4 open records request.
- Messina Madson - current first assistant who handled the District Attorney's office while Hawk was out getting treatment
- Jennifer J. Balido – worked for Hawk in the past but was later fired
- Danny Clancy – previous district attorney candidate
- Vick Cunningham - previous district attorney candidate
- Attorneys Faith S. Johnson – former judge who lost seat in 2006
- Dianne Jones McVay - former judge who lost seat in 2006
- Dan Wyde - former prosecutor and judge who is now in private practice
- Cindy Stormer - Former employee of Susan Hawk who sued to have her removed on grounds she was incompetent to hold office
“Certainly within the world or people who are in the know and understand how things really work, they all get that that’s the most powerful job within the county,” explained Jim Schutze with the Dallas Observer. “And that’s got to have something to do with the attraction.”
There could be two to three additional names added to this list who applied, but have yet to complete all steps in the process. Their names could come out next week
There's no deadline for the republican governor to make his appointment, but we are told it should happen in about a month.