One man was killed and two others hurt Thursday after their McKinney house caught fire.
The fire broke out before 2 p.m. in the home in the 500 block of Rocky Springs Drive.
Neighbors said they saw firefighters performing CPR on a man in his early 50s, but he did not survive.
"I did not see flames but I saw heavy smoke coming from the second floor of the structure," said neighbor Timothy Carroll.
The man's wife was taken to Parkland Hospital with burns. A third person in the house, the wife's mother, was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
A language barrier involving the elderly woman may have made it hard for neighbors to help out. The woman ran to a neighbor's home, but had trouble speaking English.
The initial call was a disturbance call to police. It was only when an officer arrived on scene authorities realized the fire department needed to be called to the home.
Preliminary results indicate the cause of the fire was an electrical issue.