Katie-Rose Watson is the creator of 'The Rose Table'. Each month she hosts a Disney-themed dinner to give adults a way to celebrate food and the fantasy of the movies. In honor of the release of 'The Nutcracker and the Four Realms' she shared her Russian tea cakes recipe. The recipe also has sentimental value to her family.
Russian Tea Cakes by The Rose Table
Makes 2-4 dozen depending on the size
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cups pecans, lightly toasted and chopped
About 3/4 cup more powdered sugar for rolling
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees. With a spoon or mixer, combine butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
• Work in flour, salt, and pecans and stir only until the dough comes together.
• Shape into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
• Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set button brown.
• Transfer to wire rack. While warm, roll in powdered sugar. Let cool completely. Roll in powdered sugar once more.