Fire destroyed a University Park home overnight, but no one was hurt.
Neighbors spotted the fire on Hanover Street near Turtle Creek Boulevard just before 10 p.m. Monday. They helped the elderly couple inside escape.
Firefighters went into the home, but had to retreat because of the intense flames and fears that the house might collapse on them.
"Since we couldn't make any headway on the inside because the house was being remodeled it was time to pull our guys out," said Chief Shane LeCroy with the University Park Fire Department.
It took firefighters about two hours to get the flames under control.
The $1.3 million home appears to be a total loss.