A fire that broke out in a Fort Worth apartment complex has left three families displaced.
Firefighters responded to a call in the 8300 block of Brentwood Stair Wood at approximately 11 a.m. Wednesday.
According to Fort Worth’s fire battalion chief, a young boy was using a lighter as a light source to search under his bed when his mattress caught on fire.
Firefighters were quickly able to get the fire under control, but water and smoke damage has forced three families to find another place to stay.
Red Cross teams were on scene to help those families find a safe place to stay.
A woman in the apartment who’s on oxygen had trouble breathing and was taken to a local hospital with minor burns.
No other injuries were reported.