A Winter Storm Warning is in effect from 6:00 p.m. Sunday to 6:00 p.m. Monday for the following counties:
Grayson, Collin, Tarrant, Dallas, Eastland, Erath, Hood, Somervell, Johnson, Comanche, Parker, Jack, Denton, Montague, Palo Pinto, Cooke, and Wise.
The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued a Winter Storm Warning for sleet and freezing rain. The winter storm watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing...Sunday night through Monday.
* Precipitation type...mainly sleet with some freezing rain.
* Accumulations...sleet accumulations around a 1/2 inch with locally higher amounts to 1 inch through Monday. Up to 1/10 of an inch of ice accumulation from freezing rain will be possible.
* Temperatures...falling to below freezing late Sunday evening and into the upper 20's Sunday night. Highs on Monday will remain in the 20's.
* Main impact...sleet accumulations will make travel hazardous across the warning area. Bridges are likely to accumulate ice and sleet first with main roads also accumulating sleet during this time.
* Other impacts...temperatures are not expected to warm up above freezing on Monday. Any accumulated sleet or ice will likely remain on area roads well after precipitation ends.
Accumulation of sleet and ice on roadways, bridges and overpasses will make travel treacherous. Exercise extreme caution if travel is necessary.