DART is once again offering free rides on New Year’s Eve to help people get home safely.
The transit agency is partnering with Coors Light to have free rides on all light rail, buses and TRE trains.
The free rides start at 6 p.m. on Mon., Dec. 31 and lasts through end of service, which is after 1 a.m. in most cases. No special passes or coupons are required.
The free rides program started in 2015 with the assistance of various corporate sponsors. DART said tens of thousands of people have used the free rides each year since the initiative began.
Final TRE trains from Union Station will depart at:
- 10:24 p.m. to Fort Worth
- 12:45 a.m. to CentrePort/DFW Airport Station
Final DART light rail trains leave from West End Station in Downtown Dallas at:
- Red Line to Parker Road Station - 1:41 a.m.
- Red Line to Westmoreland Station - 1:18 a.m.
- Blue Line to Downtown Rowlett Station - 1:18 a.m.
- Blue Line to UNT Dallas Station - 1:16 a.m.
- Green Line to Buckner Station - 1:08 a.m.
- Green Line to North Carrollton/Frankford Station - 1:26 a.m.
- Orange Line to Parker Road Station - 12:24 a.m.
- Orange Line to DFW Airport Station - 12:11 a.m. (or use Green Line at 1:26 a.m. and transfer at Bachman Station to Orange Line at 1:45 a.m.)
Dallas Streetcar - A final streetcar leaves Union Station at 12:50 a.m. and Bishop Arts at 1:09 a.m.