1 hurt in Cedar Hill apartment fire

Image 1 of 2

One person was hurt in a fire at an apartment complex in Cedar Hill, south of Dallas.

Flames shot through the roof of the High Point Village Apartments on Clark Road around 9 p.m. Tuesday.

A FOX 4 viewer saw one injured person being rushed away from the fire on a stretcher. Paramedics did not release that person’s condition.

One tenant believes the fire could have been caused by an electrical problem. He said he complained about a leak in the roof that caused water to fill a light fixture, but it was never repaired.

“When I drove all the way up to the corner you could see it. You just see the flames. Then you get right here and it’s even worse. I really almost broke down, but right now I just gotta stay strong because breaking down right now isn’t going to do anything for me,” Clarence Wright said.

At least eight units were affected. The Cedar Hill Fire Department is investigating.