Do you know how to stretch your family dollar by stretching the life of your fruits and veggies? Consumer reporter Steve Noviello does. He shared these life hacks for your fridge.
- Wrap the crown of bananas in plastic wrap. They will stay fresh for an additional week.
- Store onions in pantyhose to keep them fresher longer.
- Rinse berries in a vinegar and water mix to keep them bright and mold free longer.
- Puncture plastic produce bags to allow moisture to escape.
- Move the milk. It's best stored on the shelf and not on the door.
- Toss spoiled produce. This reduces the amount of ethylene gas in the fridge and helps keep other produce fresher.