Yields: 8 individual cakes
(Can also be baked as mini muffins or a larger round cake)
Low fat milk: 1/3 cup
Vanilla Extract: 2 tsp
Melted Unsalted Butter: ¾ cup
Cooked Quinoa: 2 cups
Organic Evaporated Cane Juice: 1 ¾ cup
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: 1 cup
Baking Powder (gluten free): ½ Tbl
Baking Soda: ½ Tbl
Salt: ½ tsp
- Combine milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter in blender on low speed until incorporated. Do not overwhip. Add cooked quinoa and blend on medium for 1-2 minutes. It should be somewhat smooth, (but not completely without any grain texture).
- In large bowl (or standup mixer), whisk together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Lightly grease pans and fill halfway with cake batter.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cook pans completely on wire rack. Once cooled, turn cakes out upside down. Dust with powdered sugar just before serving and serve with berries!