Ex-TCU QB Trevone Boykin being investigated for allegedly assaulting woman

Image 1 of 2

Mansfield police said they are investigating an alleged assault by former TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin on a woman.

Police would only say the woman was an acquaintance of Boykin and the alleged incident happened last week. It wasn’t immediately clear what the extent of the injuries were, but the incident happened at Boykin’s residence in Mansfield.

Boykin was at the Mansfield Police Department for an interview with police Tuesday afternoon about last week's alleged assault. He spoke briefly while leaving and maintained his innocence.

“I think I'll be fine,” he said. “The truth will come out. The truth will come out.”

Boykin told an NFL reporter that his accuser, Shabrika Bailey, is lying and that her story is fabricated. He told FOX 4 the investigation will clear his name.

Boykin has not been arrested or charged in connection with the case.

Mansfield police said they are working to get all the facts and are in contact with the alleged victim.

The Seahawks announced midday they had released Boykin after the allegations became public. He had been a member of the team since 2016 when he was brought in as an undrafted free agent.

The former TCU quarterback has had multiple run-ins with the law in the past few years.

Boykin was arrested for public intoxication and marijuana possession after a car crash in Uptown Dallas in March 2017. He was a passenger in the vehicle that was being driven by his Shabrika Bailey. She was charged with two counts of intoxication assault with serious bodily injury.

Boykin was also arrested in Dec. 2015 for hitting an officer during a bar fight two days before the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio.

The incidents were a stark contrast to his time heralded as a star quarterback at TCU. In 2015, he appeared at a game with a 7-year-old girl who the team made an honorary captain all after a picture went viral of Boykin kneeling down at an Iowa State game talking with the little girl with cerebral palsy. Now, he's facing another round of serious allegations but is confident he'll defeat.

A man who identified himself as Bailey's brother says reached out to her on FOX 4’s behalf to see if she would talk to share her side of the story, but she didn't respond. He did say she stayed at the Mansfield home with Boykin. But since the incident, she has been staying with family instead.

An NFL spokesperson did not return any calls for comment.