Fish City Grill is celebrating Gumbo Day Monday, October 12 with $1 cups of seafood gumbo
2 Tbsp Blended Oil
½ pound Andouille Sausage-(1/4”dice)
1 Cup Yellow Onions-(1/4” dice)
1 Cup Celery-(1/4” dice)
1 Cup Green Bell Peppers-(1/4” dice)
2 tsp Chopped Garlic
2 quarts Chicken Stock
2 Cups Dark Brown Roux (ie. Savoie’s)
2 Cups Okra-frozen/cut
1 Cup Chicken Thigh Meat-Raw-( 1/2” dice)
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 ea Bay Leaves
1 tsp Dried Thyme
1 tsp Table Salt
1 Cup Crushed Tomatoes
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp Gumbo File
2 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
1. In a large stockpot on medium high heat, add the oil and get hot.
2. Place andouille sausage in the pan and brown, stirring regularly to not burn. Cook approximately 4 minutes.
3. Once the sausage has browned, add the onions, celery, bell peppers, and garlic and continue to stir and cook another 3 minutes or until onions are slightly translucent.
4. Add the chicken stock and stir. Turn heat on high.
5. Pour the prepared roux into the pot stirring to combine
6. Add crushed tomatoes, cayenne, thyme, bay leavesand Worcestershire Sauce. Stir well to incorporate. Bring to a boil
7. Once at a boil, add the okra, gumbo file and parsley and stir all together.
8. Turn heat down to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.