There were a number of key races and bond issues that got decided on Saturday, including the mayor races in Arlington, Dallas, and Fort Worth, along with $1 billion bond issues for Prosper ISD and the Dallas County Community College District.
Here's a wrap-up of key election results:
In Dallas, the mayor race was whittled down from nine candidates, to two who will face off in a runoff election on June 8.
Eric Johnson and Scott Griggs were the top two vote getters, with 20 percent and 18 percent of the vote respectively.
Lynn McBee received 14 percent of the vote, Michael Ablon was at 13 percent, Regina Montoya got 11 percent, and Miguel Solis received 10 percent.
Jason Villalba, Albert C. Black Jr., and Alyson Kennedy were the other candidates in the race.
DALLAS CITY COUNCIL DISTRICT 13
Incumbent Jennifer Staubach Gates beat out former Dallas Mayor Laura Miller for Dallas City Council District 13.
Gates received 66 percent of the vote, with Miller getting the remaining 34 percent.
DALLAS CITY COUNCIL DISTRICT 14
In the race for Dallas City Council District 13, incumbent Philip T. Kingston was forced into a runoff, and finished behind David Blewett in the voting.
Blewett received 48 percent of the vote, with Kingston getting 40 percent. Warren Ernest Johnson received the remaining 12 percent of the vote.
Three other city council positions will also go to a runoff: District 4 between incumbent Carolyn King Arnold and Dawn M. Blair, District 9, where incumbent Kevin Felder got beat out by Adam Bazaldua and Tiffinni A. Young, and District 9 between Paula Blackmon and Erin Moore.
DALLAS DCCCD PROP A
The $1.1 billion bond for improvements to the Dallas County Community College District passed with 71 percent of voters in favor of the bond.
About half of that money would be used for a new downtown campus to replace El Centro College.
The new campus would have a training center to emphasize health care and technology-related careers.
FORT WORTH MAYOR
Deborah Peoples was her main challenger, but Price ended up with 56 percent of the vote.
Arlington Mayor Jeff Williams will get to serve a second term as mayor after winning the election on Saturday.
Williams received 59 percent of the vote, with Ruby Faye Woolridge in second place with 26 percent of the vote.
PROSPER ISD PROP A
Voters in Prosper approved a $1.3 billion bond that will be used to build 16 more schools in the school district.
The bond passed with 85 percent of residents voting in favor of it.