DALLAS - The Texas Department of Agriculture found three skimmers at a Dallas gas station.
The fuel pump credit card skimmers were found at the Tristar Food Mart/Valero located at 4970 W. Illinois Ave. in Dallas.
An inspector went out to the pumps on Thursday, and found skimmers on pumps #1, #5, and #7.
The skimmers were removed and taken by the Dallas Police Department.
Authorities are giving the following tips to avoid using a gas pump skimmer:
- Use pump closest to storefront, in line of sight for store personnel
- Before pumping, check for unusual bluetooth signals with ID of string of numbers and letters; might be a skimmer
- Check that security tape on pump cabinet has not been damaged. Torn tape might indicate cabinet opened without store personnel's knowlege
- Safest bet is to pay inside with cash
- Always save the receipt and monitor your bank statements after filling up.
- If you think you've been skimmed, contact 1-800-TELL-TDA and we will send an inspector to check it out.