Tony Romo sues NFL for $1 million

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is suing the NFL for more than $1 million.

The NFL refused to let players take part in a fantasy football convention he organized last year in Los Vegas.

The show was canceled because it was in a building attached to a casino. The league said it violated a policy about players attending events at places where gambling takes place.

“If they want to say that it does violate the so-called gambling policy, we disagree with that. But if they want to say that it’s fine. Then you enforce it uniformly. But they’ve turned a blind eye towards it on every other occasion except this one,” said Michael Hurst, an attorney for the Pinker Cox & Hurst Law Firm.

The league is fighting to have the case dismissed. There will be a federal court in Dallas Monday.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In - includes advertiser stories