Race fan dies of carbon monoxide poisoning at TMS

- One man is dead and another is fighting for his life because of carbon monoxide poisoning at Texas Motor Speedway.

The Tarrant County medical examiner identified the man who died as 49-year-old Cameron Hickman.

The Fort Worth Fire Department said he and another man were found unconscious in a converted bus in the TMS infield. It had a gas-powered generator that wasn’t properly ventilated.

By the time paramedics arrived, a bystander had already started CPR and opened the bus to try to air it out. Unfortunately, Hickman didn’t survive.

The second man was taken to the hospital in critical condition.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In - includes advertiser stories