The "Uncle Jimmy" Sandwich from Brian C. Luscher of Luscher's Red Hots
Luscher's Sweet & Spicy Italian Sausage 4 ea
Overnight Roasted Berkshire Pork 8 oz (see below)
Pork "Gravy" 8-12 oz
French rolls, heated and cut with a hinge 4 ea
Spicy Giardiniera 1 c
Napa Slaw 4 oz
Creamy Vinaigrette 2 oz
1. Fully cook Italian sausage and hold hot. Either Grill or saute.
2. Bring gravy to a slow boil.
3. Separate chunks of pork and add to gravy.
4. Remove sausages to rolls.
5. Remove pork from gravy with tongs and place in sandwich on top of sausage.
6. Add extra gravy as desired.
7. Top with 2 oz of giardiniera.
8. Serve with plenty of napkins!
9. ALTERNATELY: mix slaw and vinaigrette omit giardiniera and top with slaw
OVERNIGHT ROASTED PORK
Pork Roast 2 lbs
Salt To Taste
Black pepper To Taste
Italian Seasoning To Taste
Water 2 c
Place all in crock pot on low for 8-10 hours.
Remove pork from crock pot, shred.
Skim fat from "gravy" check seasoning.