Two Fort Worth mothers are furious after they say a student brought pills to school and handed them out to other children.
They say they found out about it from their kids instead of the school.
At Western Hills Elementary School in Fort Worth, lessons for a third grade class didn’t go as planned Thursday.
Mothers Rachael Marsden and Jenn Warren say a third grader brought prescription pills to class and passed them out to seven classmates.
“For us adults, it's dangerous to take,” said Marsden. “Could you imagine a kid taking an adult pill? What it could do to them? That's scary."
The district says two students, including the girl who brought the pills to class, were rushed to the hospital by ambulance, but are OK.
Officials couldn't say what type of medicine it was.
“There could be seven dead children that are in my daughter’s class,” said Warren.
Marsden and Warren both have daughters in that class.
“She saw white powder everywhere,” said Marsden.
While they don't blame the school for the incident, they question why administrators didn't tell anyone about it.
“I should have gotten a phone call," said Warren.
"I'm mad,” said Marsden. “Very mad."
After their daughters told them the school counselor brought each student in to talk about stomach pumping, both moms say they went to school Friday looking for answers, but only got brushed off.
A parent letter did eventually go out acknowledging the incident, saying that although the incident requires discretion, action would be taken.
“We never thought we’d be dealing with this in third grade," said Marsden. “Middle school, maybe. Third grade, no."
The moms claim that the district's initial lack of transparency could have been dangerous, especially if a student with a pill took it at home and was allergic.
As for the girl who brought the medicine to class, the principal told parents that action would be taken, but FOX 4 is told she was already back at school on Friday.