NorthPark Center goes pink for Komen Dallas race

- Thousands of people wearing pink are at NorthPark Center in Dallas today for the 33rd annual Komen Dallas Race for the Cure.

This year the race focuses on “Everyday Heroes,” or someone who embodies passion and strength through their actions and voice. The Komen Dallas organization said it is honoring them for making an impact in the fight against breast cancer.

And, of course, a goal of the race is to raise money for the fight against breast cancer. Komen Dallas Board President Stephanie Bowman said 25 percent of the funds raised Saturday will go directly to breast cancer research. The remaining 75 percent will be used for outreach programs in Dallas County.

FOX 4 is a proud sponsor of the event. Live coverage begins on Good Day Saturday at 7 a.m.  The 5K run-walk and the survivor fun run begin at 8 a.m. and the breast cancer survivor march begins at 9:45 a.m.

Share your photos by posting them on the FOX 4 Facebook page or on Twitter using #everydayheroes or #dallasrace.


Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In - includes advertiser stories