Fort Worth firefighter rescues man trapped in house fire

- A 77-year-old man survived a southeast Fort Worth house fire after being trapped in a bedroom.

Family members said the man’s foot got stuck between a bed and a wall. They worked frantically to free him. When they could not, they opened a window to help him breathe.

A firefighter arrived at the home on Andrew Avenue just in time to save him.

“We couldn’t get him. We was tugging and pulling. But the fireman, that one fireman reached in and got him and pulled my dad out,” said Shirley Fikes, his daughter.

The man and his daughter suffered smoke inhalation. He was also taken to the hospital with some scrapes and bruises, but is expected to be okay.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In - includes advertiser stories