Parts of northwest Dallas between Royal and California Crossing, west of Interstate 35, are at high risk. That's near the Luna Vista Golf Course.
Reverse 911 calls went out this weekend and police went door to door telling people to leave the area or be prepared to.
Christine Umanzor received one of nearly 4,000 reverse 911 calls from the City of Dallas on Sunday, warning of flood concerns.
Her dog rescue business, Wag Time, sits just off the Luna Vista golf course, which looks more like a lake now.
Heavy machinery is the only thing getting by on nearby roads.
"We just started throwing dogs and crates in cars and driving over here as fast as we could," said Umanzor. "And by the time we got done, the road was already closed and the water was up over the road."
Cat Connection came to the rescue of Umanzor's 25 dogs, offering warehouse space while the pooches wait for the water to recede.
The water isn't receding fast enough for Coleman Odlozil, who was trying to get back home to Fort Worth on Monday by using his GPS.
"It's just kind of rough because it can't direct me around all the flooding, so I just have to find my way around it myself," said Odlozil.
Water from Lake Ray Roberts and the Lewisville and Grapevine lakes is flowing into the Elm Fork of the Trinity River, flooding the surrounding areas.
Crews from the Texas Department of Transportation are also monitoring Interstate 35 in case exits need to be closed.
People in southeastern Dallas County are also being asked to evacuate as the East Fork of the Trinity River spills over onto nearby roads.
Firefighters reportedly knocked on doors Sunday night and warned about 40 people about the potential flooding danger near Seagoville.
Also near Crandall, FM 3039 is closed because of flooding.
Dallas Fire-Rescue said it responded to 70 calls for help over the weekend. In many cases people drove around barricades and then had to call for help.
Dallas streets include:
- Tantor/Luna – No southbound on Luna
- Wireway/Manana – No east on Manana
- NW Hwy/Lombardy – No east on Lombardy
- Wireway/Lombardy – No NB on Lombardy
- Goodnight/Walnut Hill – No SB on Goodnight
- Manana @ N35/exit – Exit Closed
- SB 35 exit Loop 12 – closed
- Lombardy (east)/35 – No WB on Lombardy
- Lombardy (west)/35 – No EB on Lombardy
- Technology/W. NW Highway – no west on NW Hwy; N & S only on Technology
- NB Loop 12/W. NW Highway – no west on NW Hwy
- Riverside/NW Highway – Irving PD
- On Manana @ 35 – no WB on Manana
- Walnut Hill @ 35 – no WB on Walnut Hill
- 11200 Tantor – No SB on Tantor from that point