Fire started by kitchen appliance

A family escaped a fire that seriously damaged their Irving apartment home Saturday morning.

Firefighters were called to the Station at MacArthur apartments near Walnut Hill lane around 2:00 a.m.

When firefighters arrived, smoke was billowing out of the three story unit.  They were able to contain the fire so that neighboring townhomes were not damaged.

The fire was started by a rice grinder, firefighters said.

The family spent the rest of the night with relatives.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In - includes advertiser stories