Enhanced Risk of severe weather this afternoon/overnight

Today's forecast looks sunny and warm with a high of 88° with SE winds 5-15 mph. There is a 30% chance of storms this afternoon, especially west, increasing to 70% overnight into Monday. Not everyone will see rain/storms, but those who do could see strong/severe weather.

The Storms Prediction Center has upgraded parts of North Texas from a Slight Risk to an Enhanced Risk of severe weather this afternoon/overnight.

While most of the area under greatest threat remains west and southwest of the MPLEX early this afternoon, portions of the Metroplex, especially those hit hard by Friday's storms, will also be in that greater risk area.

Timing on this system, as always, depends on location. Areas west will see storm formation of storms between noon and 5 p.m. this afternoon with greatest threats being large hail and damaging winds.

We're expecting the storms to continue pushing east as the afternoon/early evening rolls on. Areas in and around the Metroplex should expect isolated activity from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., becoming more widespread after 9 p.m. and continuing on-and-off through the evening. Highest threats will be damaging winds and flooding rains.

Storms are expected to become sub-severe as they move east of the Metroplex, but areas east should still stay weather-aware as their biggest storm impacts will likely be after 9 p.m. this evening.

There is still a small chance for an isolated tornado or two with these storms.

Please not that these times are subject to changed depending on the location and severity of storms. We will be constantly updating on our Fox 4 Weather Facebook page and on Twitter @FOX4Weather once the storms fire.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In - includes advertiser stories