This weekend is Tax-Free Weekend in Texas. FOX 4's Steve Noviello takes a look at what's included and what's not.
There is no sales tax on most school supplies and apparel under $100. That means you'll save 48 for every $100 you spend.
WHAT'S IN AND WHAT'S OUT:
- Backpacks and messenger bags under $100 ARE tax free. Totes and purses are NOT tax free.
- Jeans under $100 or on sale for under $100 ARE tax free. Jeans over $100 are NOT tax free.
- Scarves and neckties ARE tax free. Jewelry (still around neck like a scarf) and sunglasses are NOT tax free.
- Belts ARE tax free. Leather goods like a wallet, or belt buckle are NOT tax free.
- Hats ARE tax free. Headbands are NOT tax free.
- Athletic shoes ARE tax free, but athletic-specific shoes like cleats and golf shoes are NOT tax free.
- School supplies [notebook, pencils, pens, lunchbox] ARE tax free.
You can find all these products at Galleria Dallas.
Also, this Saturday there will be free runway shows there all day highlighting some of the trends for fall. They include kids, teens, womenswear, menswear and even hair.