Dallas school evacuated due to gas leak

- About 400 students were evacuated from Longfellow Middle School in Dallas because of a gas leak.

Dallas ISD said the faculty and staff at the school near Inwood Road and Lovers Lane evacuated all students prior to Dallas Fire Rescue’s arrival.  

Hazmat crews picked up readings for both natural gas and carbon monoxide in the building. Crews located the source of a leak in the boiler room and turned the gas off.

The students were allowed to return to class after all the gas readings returned to normal, the district said.

There were no reports of any illnesses.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In - includes advertiser stories