Cigarette ignites fire at Uptown Dallas apartment complex

- A cigarette caused a three-alarm fire at an apartment complex in Dallas midday Wednesday.

The fire reportedly started about 12 p.m. at the Carlisle on the Katy Trail apartments near north Hall and Carlisle Streets.

The smoke and fire came from a third floor balcony. One resident said she was alseep until she heard part of the building's roof start to crumble.

"I heard a huge thump on the roof and that's when I knew something was wrong, so I got up and peeked outside my door and saw smoke to my left, so I grabbed what I could," said Rebekah Lynn Bruflodt.

The fire damaged two units, but ten more were damaged by smoke and water

There were no reports of injuries, but a dog did die in the fire. Paramedics tried to help with oxygen, but were unable to save the animal.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In - includes advertiser stories