Flaming cocktail mishap burns, hospitalizes couple

- Two people were seriously burned after a mishap with a flaming cocktail at a Highland Village restaurant.

Emergency crews responded to the Shoal Creek Tavern in The Shops at Highland Village Wednesday afternoon around 3:50 p.m. Paramedics found a man and woman with major burns to their body from the waist up.

The restaurant manager told FOX 4 a liquor bottle that was either cracked or had a leak came in contact with a flaming cocktail and spread onto the couple.

The restaurant patrons were taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The ordeal was caught on surveillance video inside the business.

Highland Village says it’s investigating the accident.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In - includes advertiser stories