Small gas leak closes school in Seagoville

- Parents were warned not to bring their kids to Central Elementary School in Seagoville Tuesday because of a natural gas leak.

Dallas ISD spokeswoman Robyn Harris said school employees noticed the smell of gas and elevated carbon monoxide levels when they arrived for the day. Seagoville firefighters were called to the school on Shady Lane around 7:30.

FOX 4 viewer Rebecca Williams Emmons said she got a call from the school asking parents to pick up any kids that had already been dropped off.

“At this time we are experiencing a small gas leak at the school. For your child’s safety, please DO NOT bring them to school. We will let you all know when it is safe to return,” the school posted on its Facebook page.

Harris said classes have been canceled for the day.

It's her understanding that no students actually made it into the building. Most were turned away and a handful on a bus were taken to an alternative site.

 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In - includes advertiser stories