Downtown Dallas high-rise evacuated after carbon monoxide leak

A 16-story high-rise condo complex in downtown Dallas was evacuated Wednesday night after a carbon monoxide leak.

Dallas Fire Rescue says a boiler malfunction in the basement caused the leak at the complex in the 500 block of North Akard Street that forced residents to evacuate.

Several people complained about symptoms consisting with carbon monoxide poisoning but none were taken to the hospital, fire officials said.

Fire crews said they had been out to the same complex two months ago for the same problem.

One resident said she was hospitalized due to the last carbon monoxide leak. She said this time around, her son got a headache and called 911.

Crews are working to ventilate the building for residents to return.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In - includes advertiser stories