1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 sweet onion (thinly sliced)
1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
8 large mushrooms (thinly sliced)
1 cup baby spinach
4 Indian flatbreads (Naan or pocketless pita)
1 cup Sabra hummus
4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
2 teaspoons dried oregano
Red pepper flakes (optional)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook the veggies: Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, bell pepper and mushroom. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 8 minutes or until veggies are soft. Remove from heat and stir in spinach. Set aside.
3. Place flatbread on grill or stovetop gas flame; grill for a couple of minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Place all four flatbread on baking sheet.
4. Assemble the Flatbreads: Spread surface of flatbreads with hummus (just like you would sauce for a pizza). Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of hummus. Top with veggies then mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with oregano and red pepper flakes if you want to spice it up.
5. Place in oven and bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.