Gardening can be a great way to enjoy the outdoors. It's a great physical activity and the rewards are pretty tasty. Kimberly Gotcher with Calloway's Nursery joins Good Day with some family-friendly gardening tips.
EGG CRATE GARDEN
Cardboard egg crate
Package of seeds, like Lettuce
Calloway's Premium Potting Soil
1. Cut the egg crate in half width-wise.
2. Fill each cup with potting soil. Make a hole in the soil to place the seeds and re-cover. Water regularly.
3. When the seeds begin to sprout, plant the entire carton into a container or garden to allow the plant to continue to grow.
PUMPKIN CONTAINER GARDEN
A carving knife
Markers, paint, stencils and paintbrush (optional)
Potted plant or flowers, like Crotons, Pansies and Sweet Potato Vines
1. Cut a hole in the top of the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and insides.
2. Decorate the pumpkin with markers or paint.
3. Directly place the potted plant or flowers into the pumpkin.