Sweetheart Cookies SusieCakes
3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
4 1/2 cups of confectioners' sugar
3/4 t. pure vanilla extract
In a mixing bowl, on medium speed, beat together butter and 1 1Ž2 c sugar. Reduce speed to low and gradually add in remaining sugar until well blended. Add vanilla & increase speed to medium until light & fluffy. If desired, add food coloring & continue to mix until well blended. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Equipment: Mixer, paddle, medium mixing bowl, whisk, measuring cups and spoons, rolling pin and cookie cutter
Oven: Pre-heat to 350°
Unsalted Butter 1 cup
Granulated Sugar 1 cup
Vanilla Extract 1 ½ tsp.
Whole Eggs 1
Baking Powder 2 tsp.
Salt ¾ tsp.
All purpose flour 3 cups
1. Pre heat oven to 350°
2. Place butter and sugar in your mixing bowl with paddle attachment and cream together until smooth. Approximately 2-3 minutes
3. Add egg and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together baking powder, salt and flour.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
6. Once the dough comes together, pull off mixer and finishing kneading dough by hand for 30 seconds.
7. Roll dough onto a floured surface to about 1/8 of an inch and cut with desired cookie cutter shape.
8. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until slightly golden brown around the edges.
9. Let cool at room temperature or cool to touch.
10. Frost and fill with your favorite buttercream.
*If making the sweetheart sandwich, cut desired shape out of top circle and dip in sprinkles or sanding sugar before baking. Sandwich your favorite buttercream in between two cookies.