Texas Skillet Cornbread (makes 8 tacos)
- Grape seed oil, 2 fl. oz.
- White corn tortillas, 8 ea.
- Pea shoots, 1 cup
- Leftover dressing, ½ cup
- Leftover turkey, shredded, 16 oz.
- Sweet Potato, ¼" dice, blanched ½ cup
- Cranberry relish (recipe), ½ cup
- Cotija cheese, powdered, 2 Tbsp.
- Lime wedge, 1/16th of lime, 8 ea.
Heat the turkey with the diced sweet potatoes and separately heat the leftover dressing. Warm tortillas on cast iron skillet on both sides ‘til soft.
Build tacos, diving ingredients evenly starting with tortilla first, then pea shoots, dressing, turkey and sweet potato, then top with cotija cheese, cranberry relish and lime.
- Cranberries, fresh or frozen, 1 lb.
- Orange, chopped, 1 ea
- Jalapeño, chopped, 1 ea
- Ginger, grated, 1 Tbsp.
- Sugar, ¼ cup
- Cilantro, chopped, 1 Tbsp.
- Lime juice, fresh squeezed to taste
- Sea salt to taste
Either grind in meat grinder or pulse in food processor the ingredients until they are well combined, but still a little chunky. Fold in cilantro, lime and salt to taste.