Chef Jonathan Seyoum from The Original Pancake House makes homemade hash browns.
4-5 large baker potatoes
¼ cup butter
½ cup onions
½ cup diced bacon bits
2 cups cheddar cheese
¼ cup sour cream
1. Rinse and cover potatoes with water in medium size pot.
2. Cook potatoes in medium heat until soft in middle (30-45 min). Do not boil.
3. Peel and set aside until cool. Dice into ¼ in cubes.
4. Melt butter in pan, sauté onions for 2- 3 minutes
5. Add cubed potatoes and season.
6. Cook on high heat on one side until browned.
7. Turn and brown on other side.
8. Turn off flames. Add bacon bits and cheese.
Serve after cheese has melted with a dab of sour cream.