Chef Karen Falbo from Natural Grocers shows us ways to replace tradition flour and grains when baking. She shared a grain-free recipe for good morning bread.
1/3 cup Natural Grocers Fresh
ground Almond Butter
4 Tablespoons butter
4 Pasture-raised eggs
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
3 Tablespoons honey
1 Cup almond flour
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
2. Grease an 8x8 baking dish with butter
3. Cut butter into small slices and melt with almond butter over the stove on low heat. Let cool for 5 minutes
4. In small mixing bowl combine vanilla extract, eggs, and honey. Wisk together. Add almond butter and butter mixture. Wisk some more until thoroughly combined.
5. In medium size mixing bowl, mix together almond flour, baking powder and salt.
6. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
7. Pour into an 8×8 baking dish
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done- Top should be somewhat firm to the touch but not overly firm, unless you like your bread on the dry side.
9. Cut into convenient hand held slices,slather with butter while still warm and enjoy.