Dietitian and certified personal trainer Diane Henderiks shares healthy and fast grab-and-go ideas for school meals.
4 boneless pork loin chops
3 whole wheat tortillas
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Place tortillas in food processor to grind to fine crumbs. Set aside.
3. Rub each chop well with Dijon mustard.
4. On rimmed baking sheet, combine the ground tortillas, garlic, cheese, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
5. Place the chops into the crumb mixture, turning to coat each side very well.
6. Rub baking sheet with olive oil.
7. Place chops on baking sheet and bake until done, about 30 minutes.
BECOMES EASY CUBAN SANDWICH FOR LUNCH: Using pork chop leftovers, add slice ham, slice swiss cheese, pickles, mustard on bread of your choice. Grill in panini press or skillet.