Sammy Mandell from the Greenville Avenue Pizza Company makes a yummy breakfast calzone.
1 - dough ball (pre-prepared from the grocery store)
1 cup - mozzarella (shredded)
1 jumbo - egg (scrambled with a pinch of salt & pepper)
½ cup - crispy fried potatoes (cubed, from freezer section of grocery store)
1/3 cup - sausage (crumbled and sautéed)
¼ cup - bacon (diced and sautéed)
¼ cup - cheddar (shredded)
1 tablespoon - extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon - parmesan (ground)/parsley mix (finely chopped)
2 ounces - pizza sauce
1 ounce - Louisiana hot sauce
1. Pre-heat oven to 375, and grease a sheet pan.
2. Scramble egg in a skillet. Add a pinch of salt and pepper for seasoning. Set to the side when finished.
3. Using the same skillet, sauté sausage. Set to the side when finished.
4. Using the same skillet, sauté the bacon. Set to the side when finished.
5. Cook the potatoes according to the directions on the package.
6. Roll pizza dough out into a 13" circle.
7. Ingredients will be layered on top of each other. They should go on the bottom half of the circle (an inch below the middle line of the dough), keeping a 1 ½" distance from the edge of the dough.
8. Layer the ingredients in this order: mozzarella, potatoes, egg, sausage, bacon, and cheddar.
9. Fold the top of the dough down and over the ingredients, lining up the edges of the dough.
10. Press dough together around border of ingredients.
11. Twist edge of dough to create seal.
12. Using a knife, make three vertical slits in the top of the dough.
13. Brush top of calzone with extra virgin olive oil
14. Sprinkle parmesan/parsley mix across top of calzone.
15. Place on sheet pan, and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
16. Mix pizza sauce and hot sauce in a bowl. This will be used to dip the calzone into.