Tempeh 8 ounces- diced ½ inch cubes
Southwest seasoning 1 tsp (Paprika, chili powder, oregano, brown sugar, cayenne powder)
Vegetable oil 2 cups
The recipe for the frying the tempeh:
- Place the 2 cups of vegetable oil in a large sauce pan. Place over medium heat and bring the oil to 350 degrees.
- Once the oil is at 350 degrees place the diced tempeh; and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove the tempeh and place in mixing bowl.
- Season with southwest seasoning and reserve for later use.
Squash & zucchini 1.5 pounds- diced ¼ inch cubes
Yellow onions 1 cup–sliced in julienne strips
Green & red bell peppers 1 cup-sliced in julienne strips
Corn cob kernels 1 cob
Garlic 1 tablespoon –chopped
Chipotle en adobo 1 tablespoon –chopped
Cumin 1 tablespoon
Kosher salt 1 tablespoon
Salsa 1 cup
Cilantro ¼ cup chopped
Vegetable oil ¼ cup
- In a large skillet place the ¼ cup of oil over medium heat. Allow the oil to heat up then add the squash & zucchini mixture. Cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- Next add the julienne onions, peppers, and also the garlic and corn cob kernels. Cook this mixture over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until the squash, onions and peppers are tender.
- Add the fried tempeh. Mix well.
- Lower the heat and add the cumin. This aromatic spice will help to develop the deep fragrant flavor that is important in this dish
- Add the chipotle and salsa and simmer for an additional few minutes.
- Season with salt to taste and toss in the cilantro
- Serve over cilantro lime rice or in a ta
Creamy Cilantro Lime dressing and White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Creamy Cilantro Lime:
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp Tapatio hot sauce
1/4 cup crushed tomatillo
1 tbsp Ranch seasoning
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup mayo
1. Add first six ingredients to blender and blend until smooth, 30-45 seconds.
2. Add milk & mayo and blend another 20 seconds until fully incorporated.
2 tbsp dried parsley
1.5 tsp dried dill weed
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried chives
1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, roasted
1 tbsp agave
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup EVOO
Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth, 20-30 seconds.