Designer Courtney Warren has some great ideas to make your home cozy for the holidays, including how to incorporate some memory makers.
1. Switch out your couch pillows and add heavy tweeds. Use burlap as a table runner, garland for the tree and even on a wreath on your mailbox.
2. Bring outside in. Use stems, leaves, twigs or branches indoors. Trade out your centerpiece for pine cones.
3. Put a wreath on it. Everything looks instantly more cozy and Christmas-y with a wreath on it: lamps, fences, mirrors, and windows.
4. Candles everywhere! Go over board to make it festive and twinkle-y! Put some in your fireplace when you are not enjoying a fire.
5. Warm throws everywhere! There is nothing quite like snuggling up under a soft, fuzzy throw. Use faux fur or heavy comforter on your bed.
6. Use old photos for place cards.
7. Play a family game while you eat! Write what you are thankful for, put in a jar, and guess who wrote it. You will be surprised at the answers!